Want to Learn More?
Please fill out the form and we will get in touch within 24 hours. Free consults are also available.
Orange County's #1 Pediatric Therapy Provider
Physical Therapy for Kids
In-Clinic and TeleTherapy Options
Pediatric Physical Therapy at Infinity Kids
Infinity Kids Physical Therapists assess how children move, looking specifically at their flexibility, strength, balance, and coordination. A pediatric physical therapist is trained in the evaluation and treatment of motor dysfunction, along with neurological and/or genetic disorders. A child may get referred to physical therapy if they exhibit abnormal muscle tone, poor posture, inefficient walking, jumping or running patterns. Pediatric physical therapists also work with babies who have torticollis and plagiocephaly (asymmetrical head/neck positioning and skull shape).
Key Areas we address:
- Crawling patterns
- Flat feet
- Muscle tightness or weakness
- Joint stability
- Musculoskeletal injury (surgery, fractures)
- Orthotics/bracing referrals
The Benefits of Physical Therapy for Kids:
- Improved motor skills to properly, safely, and successfully thrive.
- The learning process is rewarding and empowering for both children and their families.
- Sessions are play-based so that the child is intrinsically motivated to participate in more physically challenging activities.
Dynamic Movement Intervention (DMI)
The fastest growing, internationally recognized manual therapy technique that helps children reach their gross motor milestones and provokes the highest level of independence.
- Children diagnosed with ANY type of gross motor delay including the following conditions:
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Global developmental delay
- Chromosomal abnormalities/genetic disorders
- Spinal cord lesions or acquired brain injury
- Children with orthopedic conditions such as:
- toe walkers
- genu valgum (knocked knees)
Body work is best completed by physical therapists, doctorate level trained clinicians, who are experts in the area of mobility. A PT is able to assess and identify the fascial and soft tissue restrictions present in the body and develop a plan of care to improve global mobility. Your therapist will develop a program based on positioning and exercises that will best help the baby or child utilize their new available range of motion and increase global strength. Very often, we see a connection between facial oral tension and postural musculature. Many improvements in feeding skills are seen with the implementation of body work.
Body Work Addresses the following areas:
- Global tension related to fascial restrictions
- Tolerance to tummy time
- Structural oral restrictions (tend to be connected with other body parts such as our trunk)
- Oral mobility associated with muscular tightness
- Restores symmetrical movement patterns and range of motion.
Why Pediatric Physical Therapy?
Common motor developmental delays include rolling, sitting, crawling, standing and walking. Infinity Kids specializes in early intervention of these milestones and encourages families to obtain a consult or evaluation when first signs of delays are recognized. If the aforementioned areas are overlooked, inefficient movement patterns involving compensatory muscle use can develop, affecting a child’s skills and agility in the future.
More than 1 million new neural connections are formed every second in the first few years of life, coming from a child’s environment and experiences.
How to Work with Infinity Kids
Click the Schedule an Appointment button below. Submit your families specific needs and we will contact you.
Your child will be evaluated at our clinic using standardized assessments and clinical observations.
If therapy is recommended, trust our trained team to play and smile with your child.